A messy bob can be of any length and for any hair type, the only thing that is a must for this hairstyle is messy texture. It can be created with choppy layers, jagged ends, razored strands, and/or texture-boosting products, like sea salt spray, texturizing mousse, etc. Hairstylists have many valuable hacks to give your bob an effortless appearance.
Find your own ideal messy bob among these 47 super-trendy hairstyles, picked up from top Instagram accounts:
1. Chic Messy Curls. We love this neck-length bob that looks chic and beachy. Curls can help add height and volume that will last all day.
2. Dark Messy Bob with a Fringe. Short messy bobs look so chic with dark hair! Pair with bangs if you want to draw attention to the eyes.
3. Textured Messy Bob Cut. Feathery layers bring definition and texture back into your tired hair. Use a dry texture spray to get extra height and finger comb your hair after styling.
4. Blonde and Silver Chic. Combine colors to get the perfect blend of golden blonde and silver for a funky twist on highlights. Add waves for extra dimension and texture.
5. Textured Bob. Such short messy bobs are perfect for summer. Tame frizz with an anti-frizz leave-in conditioner if you want to skip styling.
6. Ultimate Textured Bob. Play with the texture of light waves and finger comb your hair after styling.
7. Chic Gray Balayage Bob. A balayage is usually blonde, but try changing the blonde for a light gray color to enjoy an edgier twist.
8. Messy Bob with Bangs. Boost dimension of fine hair with a razored cut. Bangs with a messy, shaggy cut will give you the ultimate beach look you’ve been missing.
9. Messy Graduated Bob. What a cute, effortless look! We are completely amazed at how easily graduated cuts can elevate your look.
10. Multidimensional Messy Bob. This cut boasts movement and depth in a comfortable length that allows wash and go days whenever you are too busy or lazy to do styling.