There are so many options when it comes to bob hairstyles, but they all have one thing in common: versatility. This not-too-short and not-too-long cut is the Goldilocks of hairdos, so it’s no surprise that the bob been tipped as this year’s most popular hairstyle.
Don’t let the fear of short hair keep you from trying a bob haircut. Overcome it by just going for the chop – you will instantly fall in love with your new gorgeous look! We’ve got 27 perfect examples of bob cut hairstyles for 2022 covering different lengths, hair types, and textures. Get ready to find the one that will steal your heart.
1. Short Shaggy Bob. Bob styles can range from shoulder-length cuts to super short shaggy crops and we love them all. Go for that 90s’ grunge look ASAP!
2. Short Layered Bob. Miss cute beachy waves in the colder months? You can have that beachy texture all year round – just use a beach spray before styling.
3. Tousled Wavy Bob. The above-the-shoulder length is super sexy and loved by many because you can easily style it however you want and it will always look flawless. Don’t be afraid to make it messy.
4. Natural Gray Curls. Embrace the natural color and texture of your hair. You may even enhance them by adding some lowlights and diffused curls. We love how beautiful the different shades of gray look in the bob cut.
5. Stacked Bob Haircut. An artistically messy bob cut is a style desired by many! After all, not everyone can pull it off! However, if your hair is naturally wavy, you are among the lucky ones and can be sure this cut will look great on you.
6. Modern Stacked Bob. Show off your stacked layers with a side-parted bob cut bringing volume and body to straight hair.
7. Textured Layered Shag. Major fringe alert! Be bold and style your shaggy layered bob as messy as you want with some dry shampoo for extra bounce.
8. Bob for Thick Hair. Look at that texture?! Opt for longer bangs that sweep past your eyebrows for a sexy, mysterious style.
9. Choppy Micro Bob. The short bob with choppy layers is fit for a lady with a cheeky vibe. This hairdo doesn’t require a lot of effort in styling, so if you have trouble finding free time, this is an optimal solution.
10. Feathered Bob. We love how wispy those uneven layers are! If you need a voluminous bob for fine hair – this is the one. You can have volumizing layers throughout your bob to make it light and feathered.
11. Feathered Bob with Highlights. A bob hair cut with full highlights is a simple yet gorgeous style that is pretty universal. Simply pick the lighter tone that fits you best and opt for layers to add texture.
12. Tousled Platinum Bob. You will need to invest in hair products, such as mousse, to define the waves in your haircut. This is totally worth it when it comes to lighter hair shades, such as platinum or silver.
13. Sleek Long Layers. Get that post-salon look with long layers by blow-drying your hair all over and running a straightener through it to keep frizziness at bay.
14. Shaggy Bob with Curtain Bangs. Shaggy bobs look especially mesmerizing on brunettes, as dark hair reveals the rock-n-roll essence of such hairstyles best. The curtain bangs also complement the round shape of the face and the overall look.